How to locate a service via the PACS Storage and avoid the error “The Patients directory already contains an entity with the following attributes: (patient_mrn)”
If images have been sent to your domain and you cannot locate the corresponding service in the Processing module,
please try following the steps below:
- Go to the PACS Storage module by clicking PACS → PACS Storage, search for the needed images by last/first name or date of birth.
Look at their status (Attached or Detached). If they have a status of Attached, click the accession number link in the Attached to column to jump to the service to which these images have been attached.
2. If the images have a status of Detached, you need to click the Reprocess as new
If you get an error message that reads “The Patients directory already contains an entity with the following attributes: patient_mrn,” you can use the following workaround to create a patient record without an MRN. This error occurs if your system already contains a patient with the same MRN but a different name.
3. Go to Setup →PACS →PACS Clients.
4. Select the default PACS Client (the one with a green checkmark in the Default column) and double-click it (or select it and click the Edit selected button).
5. In the Edit PACS client window, go to the Automator tab and disable the checkbox Patient No under Import options.
6. Repeat step 2. After a service has been successfully created and the images have been attached to this service, please go back to the PACS client settings and re-enable the checkbox Patient No.