Before sending an order for interpretation you need to assign reading doctors to studies. It can be done automatically or manually, depending on the presence of the appropriate reading rule. The reading rules allow the system to know what reading doctor to assign to what type of study while also considering such conditions as the referring facility, the patient’s insurance etc.
1. Tick the required services.
2. Click Auto fill.
In the window that opens, select an auto-fill method:
- Unassigned – the system assigns doctors only to studies without an assigned doctor
- All – the system assigns doctors to all the selected studies and overwrites existing assignments
- Clear – the system removes all assignments
If you select the Simulate (without modification) checkbox, the system demonstrates the reading rules to be applied and shows what will be assigned. In most cases it is recommended to use the Unassigned method.
3. Make sure that reading is checked and click OK.
The reading doctor will be assigned automatically. However, you should verify that every service has a reading doctor assigned.
1. Select the service and click Edit.
2. Find the required study and select the Reading Doctor if there is more than one doctor in practice.
3. Click Save.